Thank you for joining us at our
Philly Farm Resource Fair
Couldn’t make it?
Here’s what you missed!
The event started with a warm welcome and appreciation of the land given by our executive director Kim Fleisher.
We moved into a beautiful tour of The Farm at Awbury and specifically Philly Forests led by Jasmine Thompson. Upon returning tot he pavilion, Reverend Carolyn Cavaness gave a wonderful talk about the Black Church Food Security Network before we moved into a delicious dinner from Weaver’s Way.
Attendees, speakers, and staff were able to learn a bit more about one another during the dinner period before moving into speaker presentations.
Speaker presentations were absolutely wonderful and taught us all a bit more about what each organization does and what resources they may have to help us farm and garden more easily.
The evening wrapped up with visitations to speakers’ tables to ask questions and gather more info about their programming with groovy music playing to set the scene. If you didn’t get to make – no worries! We hope to see you at the next event! For now, check out a summary of all of the resources presented below.
If you missed filling out an evaluation at the fair, please take a few minutes to fill it out here! We’d love to continue providing the community with more resources and this feedback allows us to create more events like this in the future.
BLACK CHURCH FOOD SECURITY NETWORK
Rev Carolyn Cavaness
- Operation Higher Ground
- Soil to Sanctuary Market
- The A.R.C
NEIGHBORHOOD GARDENS TRUST
- Securing Land Ownership in Philadelphia
- Community of Gardeners
- Gardening Resources, City Resources, NGT Resources
PENN STATE EXTENSION
JESSICA SCHWEIGER & Beth Yount
- Master Gardener Program
- Master Watershed Steward Program
- Penn State Extension Services and Programs
Contact: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becoming a new farmer
- Rodale Consulting team
- Rodale Institute Farmer Training (RIFT) Program
- Business Development Learning Programs
- Funding Programs
- Mentorship Programs
Pasa Sustainable Agriculture
LISA MISKELLY & Marie Hathaway
- Diversified Vegetable Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship Programs
- Workshops and Events
- Bringing diversity to the local food economy
- Community food sovereignty and nutrient-dense food access
- Urban Ecology Program
- Free technical assistance to farmers to protect and conserve natural resources
- Financial assistance available for conservation practices
Contact: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Food Trust
- EBT/SNAP use at farmer’s markets
- Food Bucks Program
- Focuses on accessibility, affordability, and education
- Credit and Financial Services
- Deeply committed to young, beginning, and small farmers
- Informational resources
to our wonderful speakers, our dedicated volunteers, and our incredible community for making this resource fair a success!