- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- water, as needed (just a little bit incase the pesto is too thick and won’t blend)
- Add the garlic clove to your blender or food processor and blend quickly to chop the garlic.
- Add all other ingredients and blend.
- Thin with water if it is to thick.
- Enjoy as a dip, in a sandwich or salad, or on top of pasta!