4 medium leeks, dark green stems removed
1/2 large white onion, chopped
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 tablespoon flour
1 tbsp butter
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup 2% milk
salt and fresh pepper
- Wash leeks very carefully to remove all grit. Cut them horizontally and separate the rings to make sure no dirt remains. Coarsely chop them when washed.
- In a medium soup pot, melt butter and add flour on low flame.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix well. This will thicken your soup and give it a wonderful flavor.
- Add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth adding the milk and adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com