- 4 medium leeks, dark green stems removed
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- salt and fresh pepper
- Wash leeks very carefully to remove all grit. Cut them horizontally and separate the rings to make sure no dirt remains. Coarsely chop them when washed.
- In a medium soup pot, melt butter and add flour on low flame.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix well. This will thicken your soup and give it a wonderful flavor.
- Add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth adding the milk and adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com